Welcome to The Cayman Islands Medical and Dental Society, Ltd. (CIMDS).
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Website, located at https://www.cimds.org.ky By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use www.cimds.org.ky if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person logged on this website and compliant to the Society’s terms and conditions. “The Society”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to the CIMDS. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the User and the CIMDS. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Cayman Islands Medical and Dental Society Ltd. and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on www.cimds.org.ky All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access content from cimds.org.ky for your own personal use subject to restrictions set out in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish or redistribute confidential or copyrighted content from cimds.org.ky
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from cimds.org.ky
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy confidential materials from cimds.org.ky
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website or linked platforms (i.e. FaceBook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) may offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas. The CIMDS does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of the CIMDS, its agents, and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the individual or group submitting a specific post. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, The Cayman Islands Medical and Dental Society Ltd. shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website or on platforms linked to this website (i.e. FaceBook, Instagram, and LinkedIn). The CIMDS reserves the right to monitor and/or remove any Comments which are considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy or decency
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant CIMDS a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- educational institutions and trade associations
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not be deemed unfavorable or inappropriate; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of CIMDS; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to CIMDS. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of the CIMDS logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us. We will consider requests to remove links, but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of all information; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.